Foreign & Domestic Automobiles
A & B Auto Repair, Tire Repair and Rotation Services 818.769.4580. We specialize in tire repair and auto repair services for Foreign & Domestic automobiles. Serving the San Fernando Valley, North Hollywood, and Los Angeles since 1986, we provide free estimates and inspections, and when necessary provide swift, excellent repairs for a great price.
Tire Repair Services
Flat Tires can damage the wheel rim of the tire possibly triggering in loss of control of the automobile or irrecoverable damage to the tire.
One of the most usual cause for a flat tire is piercing of the tire by a sharp object, such as a nail, allowing air escape.
Depending on the dimension of the slit, the tire might deflate slowly or swiftly. Which may result in the following problems:
- Failing of or damages to the valve stem;
- Permitting air to escape from the valve or creating damage by means of deliberate puncturing
- Rubbing of the tire against the roadway, ripping the tire, or separation of tire and rim by accident with additional objects;
- Extreme wear of the tire tread causing explosive tire failure or permitting roadway debris to tear it
Some tires, particularly a slow leakage, can easily be fixed and re-inflated; others, particularly those from worn tread, need to be changed.
Tire Rotation should be done approximately every 3,000 – 6,000 miles or with every oil change.
Why service is essential: Unequal tire wear could lead to poor performance, poor fuel economy, shorten the life of the tire and can easily cause safety issues.
Rotating your tires is vital for helping your tires last longer. Rotating your tires suggests changing them from one side of the automobile to the other, relocating them from front to back or a blend of both, depending on your vehicle and what was done previously.
Some tires have to be rotated at specific periods, while others will have to be rotated depending on the wear.
What we do during tire rotation:
- Tires are rotated in alternating patterns
- Examine overall quality and safety of tires
- Examine tire tread
- Inspect for effective inflation
- Tighten up lug nuts